Dr. Joseph Perno of Voorhees Family Dentistry in Voorhees, NJ, is a professional dentist who offers Invisalign to straighten your smile.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an alternative to braces that perform many of the same functions as braces. Invisalign aligners can be used to treat and correct overbites, underbites, gaps, overcrowding, and crooked teeth. This system uses clear aligners that are made of BPA-free plastic that is specially made to fit your teeth.
You will wear your aligners around 22 hours a day. Every two weeks, you will replace your aligners with a new set until your treatment is complete. If you are ready to consider Invisalign, your Voorhees, NJ, dentist is here to help you.
Why You Should Consider Invisalign
- Invisalign is more comfortable than braces because it uses smooth plastic rather than metal wires that can irritate your mouth
- You don't have to avoid any food or drinks. Traditional braces require you to avoid certain foods such as popcorn, or candy. Invisalign does not since your aligners are removable at mealtimes
- Because Invisalign aligners are clear, they are hardly detectable, making them the more discreet choice
- Since the aligners are removable, you can continue to brush and floss as you always have. Traditional braces make it more difficult to brush and sometimes require special tools to floss
- Invisalign aligners can act as a protective layer for your teeth if you have a habit of grinding them while you sleep
- Invisalign typically has a shorter treatment time and requires fewer visits to your dentist
Discuss Invisalign Today
Your Voorhees, NJ, dentist, Dr. Perno of Voorhees Family Dentistry, is here to help you if you are considering Invisalign treatment. You can reach us to book an appointment by calling (856) 784-4747.